Monday, May 13, 2013

The LUCKY JUNK Combo Platter

To quote a college girlfriend..."Life is not just one thing or the other...it's a combination of events that bring us to where we are today".  That was the moment in college when we coined the phrase, "Combo Platter" and have used it ever since!

My Combo Platter can be explained as a 20+ year professional marketing career in the health care industry focusing on senior housing/senior services + my family inherited creative genes = LUCKY JUNK!  In a nutshell...I LOVE seniors and I LOVE their stuff!  So...my Combo Platter lead me (very innocently) to having a Vintage Yard Sale at my home several years ago.  

I have for MANY years hit flea markets, vintage-garage-estate sales...loving every minute and developing wonderful friendships along the way.  I am blessed to have an artsy husband, family  & girlfriends to tag along!  I SO enjoy the creative discussions, fabulous displays, art-work, repurposing...and the thrill of the hunt!  I hadn't hit the hoarder stage YET with all of my great finds...but was getting "itchy" for new items...and was ready to say good-bye to the old and bring in more OLD!  

And so, our first (and I truly thought only) Vintage Yard Sale was born!  But, alas I was SO wrong!  The customers, friends & neighbors that came to that first sale were so over-the-top supportive, complimentary & shopper-wild...we thought we had become some sort of Vintage celebs over-night!  They asked for more sales...and the LUCKY JUNK journey began!

LUCKY Vintage Yard Sale

LUCKY Vintage Yard Sale

LUCKY Vintage Yard Sale

Announcing our 2013 Vintage Spring Yard Sale...my COMBO PLATTER back in action!  


Would LOVE to hear about your Combo Platter!

Vintage Love,
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment